Sunday 26 February 2012

Snowdrops and Crocuses

The last few days of February
Always lead to Spring
And snowdrops bow their pretty heads
To welcome their season’s king.
Crocuses of a purple hue
Burst in pride to flood the land
But Spring has not awoken you
As it did before
It is your time, my loyal friend
To tiptoe through this Golden Door.
Here you lie now
In a place we have often lain,
And whilst my heart lives on
It also beats with pain,
Knowing that we have now to part
After times so sweet, but times so few,
You left before it was time to go
And took a piece of me, away with you.
Little friend, sunshine has broken through
And cracked the shield of frost,
Yet you will not wander here
For I must pay the cost,
And miss the twinkle in your eyes
And the pinkness of your tongue
And those little funny feet
Now at rest where Robins tweet
A sad song, too say goodbye
Yes here you lie, where we have lain,
Sweet in blossom, strong in bough
This ancient tree has stood for us,
But it is your strength I must endow,
I ask you, keep me strong
Patch up this broken soul
Make me feel like I can live
In a world where I don’t belong,
Keep these eyes open,
So that I may see the stars
Heal my heart from bruising
From the pain of reality’s scars,
And do, keep me wise
And let my mind be free
Rid this tongue of lies
And cleanse my tainted entity.
I will love you, forever more,
My dear friend, I will miss you so
Help me to shut this door
So I may open a window,
Help me to see, that here you lie,
No spell can weave its work
No potions, or hocus pocuses
Here you lie
On a bed of snowdrops and crocuses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment