Friday 24 June 2011

Conflict

I would like some quiet peace of mind,
Not startling, nor silent, to pass the time.
Something peaceful and pure, collected and calm,
Nothing hurried or hateful to cause alarm.

I would like some quiet peace of mind,
Something my innermost self must find.
Whilst my outer eyes, ears battle the noise and hate
My inner self, protected, may at last create.

I would like to peel away the skin
That wraps this meat, reveal within
The tendons and tubes, raw and red,
But mostly to see what’s inside my head.

Did crayons colour, place and pepper the pictures we pass?
Hung for us to see, the ones rendering reality. 
I would like to break and be broken, rip and to tear,
One life is still a life, yet no life is fair.

Would you like some quiet peace of mind?
Tis’ only for the meek, weak and blind.
I, consumed by rage, fire and fear
Have no hope of finding peace in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment