Friday 24 June 2011

Simple Sweet Simplicity

I would like some quiet peace of mind,
Not startling, nor silent, to pass the time.
Something peaceful and pure; collected and calm,
Nothing hurried or hateful, to cause alarm.

It’s pickled and pricked, twisted in knots
The crypt in which simplicity rots.
The sweet-scented sponge that must be wrung,
To clear the bloody mess it has begun-

I would like some quiet peace of mind,
Something my innermost self must find.
Whilst my outer eyes, ears, battle the noise and hate
My inner self, protected, may at last create.

I would like to peel away the skin
That wraps this meat, reveal within
The tendons and tubes, raw and red,
But mostly to see what’s inside my head.

Did crayons colour, place and pepper the pictures we pass?
Hung for us to see, the ones rendering reality.
I would like to break and be broken, rip and to tear,
One life is still a life, yet no life is fair

I would like some quiet piece of mind
To flee this ferment that I find
Has splattered ink across my page
And sourced these fruitless tears of rage.

So please, never assume what it is you know,
Be simple in talk and simple in show,
For webs are weaved around our youth
To control our soul, to choke our truth-

Would you like some quiet peace of mind?
Tis’ only for the meek, weak and blind.
I, consumed by rage, fire and fear
Have no hope of finding peace in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment