Friday 24 June 2011

Merry Go Round

I rode my bike across the brook,
The innocent crook, the runaway of today.
I saw a man wearing feathers and hooks
And from his lips limped larceny.

Stolen my mind with an illusion
A sea of delusion to play,
Crammed with criminals and castaways,
Yet my Mother wouldn’t let me stay.

The apples were rotten
And the rides were wrecked,
A place best forgetten.
She called come home, my darling

But I sought to see
The fairy lights paint my reverie,
Watercolour creatures
Dancing with distorted features.

I’m stuck on that merry-go-round
Life’s just blur I see nothing but colour
Round and round up and down
My merry-go-round,
Don’t let my feet touch the ground.

Glitter, glass, lollipop sticks
Those ancient magic tricks
Swept away in the breeze
The charms no longer cast
Just mere ghosts, a part of my past.

Now my baby’s off to the fair
White ribbons in her golden hair.
Just a poor petal, dropped from the bloom,
The innocent life time must consume.
The moon’s in her eyes, she waves goodbye
A funny thought; sending my baby to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment